Have you heard of zoodles yet? They’re a delicious replacement for pasta, and they’re made out of zucchini! You can make them with a vegetable spiralizer, a mandoline, or a julienne peeler. Any way you slice them, they’re perfect for light summer dinners.
This skillet dish serves four and comes together quickly — you don’t even have to defrost the shrimp before cooking! With a splash of Garlic Gold® Oil, they’re done in about ten minutes. Next, you’ll sauté your zoodles in the same skillet, then toss everything together with a big dollop of pesto. Just like that, a healthy, delicious dinner is served. Another winning recipe from Organic Garlic Gold®.
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1 pound medium (21-30 per pound) frozen shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini or other summer squash, spiralized or cut into thin julienne strips
- 1/4 cup pesto (store bought or homemade)
- In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat the Garlic Gold® Oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet in a single layer, then cover and let cook for about five minutes, until the shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Stir and flip the shrimp, then cover the skillet for about three more minutes, until the shrimp are just cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- There will still be oil and liquid from the shrimp in the skillet. Add the zucchini to the skillet and sauté just until slightly softened, about three minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet with the zucchini, along with the pesto. Stir until the zucchini and shrimp are coated evenly with the pesto. Serve hot.