Whether you’re hosting a party or bringing a potluck dish, garlic mashed potatoes deserve a prime spot on your holiday menu. They hold well for hours — just place them in a crock pot while they’re still steaming hot, set it to “keep warm,” and you’ll be able to prepare the rest of the meal or take them wherever you need to go, piping hot and ready to serve!
When you use our Garlic Gold® Nuggets in Oil, garlic mashed potatoes become the easiest side dish ever. Seriously, the hardest part is peeling the potatoes. The cooked spuds are mashed with broth and Garlic Gold®, and that’s it! No butter or milk is necessary for a beautiful, creamy, golden mountain of potatoes. Just season to taste and you’re done.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 4 pounds Yukon or other gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large (6.4 ounce jar) Garlic Gold® Nuggets in Oil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets
- Place the peeled potatoes in a large (5 or 6-quart) pot. Cover them with cold water by one inch, then bring up to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When the water begins to boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer the potatoes, covered, until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander in the sink, then immediately return them to the warm cooking pot.
- Add the broth and Garlic Gold® Nuggets in Oil to the pot and place over medium heat. When the broth begins to simmer, turn off the heat and mash the potatoes with a potato masher until creamy and as smooth as you like.
- Add salt to taste, taking care not to over-stir the potatoes so that they do not become gluey. Transfer to a crock pot on “keep warm” setting for up to 3 hours, or serve immediately, while piping hot.
- Serve with gravy, black pepper, and Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets