Just in time for the playoffs, we’ve got an appetizer that’ll satisfy without weighing you down. Cauliflower takes the place of buffalo chicken wings in these irresistible vegetarian snack bites. They’re baked, not fried, and full of vegetable goodness. Enjoy!
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
Write a review
- 1 large orange or white cauliflower, cored and broken into small florets
- 3/4 cup lowfat milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- 1/4 cup your favorite hot sauce (Cholula or Frank’s Red Hot work well)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Use a food processor to finely chop the cauliflower, processing it in three batches. It should resemble couscous in texture and size.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl, and use a large mixing spoon to scoot it to the sides of the bowl, making a well in the center.
- In the center of the mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir together the ingredients in the center of the bowl into a batter, just until all of the flour is absorbed. Incorporate the cauliflower from the sides of the bowl just until thoroughly combined into the batter.
- Dollop the mixture in heaping tablespoonfuls onto the lined baking sheets. The bites won’t spread much during cooking, so they don’t need to be more than an inch apart.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the bites are golden brown on the bottom and cooked through.
- Serve hot with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on the side.
For the dressing
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ingredients. Refrigerate and let sit for at least an hour before serving.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/