Meatballs and rice are a great go-to weeknight meal. All you’ve got to do is mix up the ingredients, roll some meatballs (kids can help too), then pop them in the oven. A pot of rice can cook on the stovetop while the meatballs bake, and if you like, you can throw together a salad at this point, too.
We love switching it up sometimes and giving our meatballs a different flavor than the usual Italian or Mediterranean. A little ginger, a splash of soy sauce and lime juice, and you’ve got a unique flavor profile that everybody will love.
You can serve these meatballs over rice for dinner, in lettuce cups as an appetizer, or even sliced and layered into a bánh mi sandwich. You also might find yourself popping them into your mouth as an afternoon snack. Enjoy them any way you like!
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Nuggets in Oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 1 Fresno or other red chili, seeded and diced
- Heat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients until well mixed. Using your hands, roll the meat mixture into golfball-sized meatballs and place them on the lined baking sheet. Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes, or until baked through and just beginning to brown.
- Serve with steamed rice, fresh cilantro, and lettuce. Drizzle with Garlic Gold Oil® just before serving if desired.