- 10 slices (totaling 6 ounces) sourdough French bread
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold®
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, until dry. Brush toasted slices with the 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold®. Set aside.
Heat 2 Tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Oil in a medium skillet; when fragrant, add the spinach; sauté for several minutes. Season to taste with Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
In an 8 inch square baking dish, put in remaining 1 Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Oil; wipe dish with paper towel so oil coats the entire inside of the dish, including the sides. Arrange half of the toasted bread slices in a single layer in the dish. Sprinkle half of the spinach mixture, then ½ cup grated cheese evenly over the bread slices.
Whisk eggs in medium bowl with the half and half and Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread layers. Cover dish with plastic wrap, and weigh down with a Ziploc style bag filled with 4 cups of sugar or rice. Refrigerate at least one hour up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Uncover dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until the center is puffed and the edges have pulled slightly away from the sides of the dish.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets
- Garlic Gold® Oil
- Garlic Gold®