- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Oil
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, stalk trimmed and cut into one inch lengths
- 6 ounces walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons honey (optional)
- 4 cups fresh arugula (pre-washed and trimmed, or wash and trim first, then measure)
- 6 ounces blue cheese (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Granny Smith or other tart apples, diced
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets and freshly ground pepper to taste
Boil pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat 1 Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Oil in a skillet on medium. Add asparagus and sauté until it begins to brown, about 1 minute. Add walnuts and honey and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until walnuts are toasted, about 5 additional minutes. Stir in arugula.
Add cooked, drained pasta, Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil), and apple cider vinegar. Allow to cool slightly and add diced apples. Garnish individual servings with blue cheese, freshly ground pepper and Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets.
Serves 4 – 6
- Use any pasta you wish; spaghetti makes a great variation on this dish.
- Instead of fresh asparagus, use the frozen, thawed, that you can buy already cut up.
- Instead of toasting the walnuts, throw on top any variation of toasted, flavored nuts you have handy; such as candied walnuts, tamari almonds, etc.
- Substitute fresh spinach for the arugula (the kind pre-washed and trimmed in the bag of course).
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold®
- Garlic Gold® Oil
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets