How many times have you picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner and ended up with leftovers to use up during the week? This recipe is made for just such an occasion — you certainly won’t feel like you’re eating the same thing twice! We take some shredded, cooked chicken, toss it in our flavorful Red Wine Vinaigrette, and layer it onto a delicious flatbread with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese. It’s a lighter take on pizza, perfect for a weeknight meal.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
Chicken Flatbread Pomodoro
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound cooked shredded chicken
- 2 (5-ounce) flatbreads or 1 large pre-baked pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, basil, and Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the Red Wine Vinaigrette with the cooked chicken until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place the flatbreads or pizza crust on the lined baking sheet, then sprinkle them evenly with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spread out an even layer of the chicken on top of the mozzarella, then top with the tomato/basil mixture.
- Bake the flatbreads until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Slice each into quarters and serve hot.
- For appetizer portions, cut the wedges into smaller slices and serve on a platter, garnished with fresh basil leaves.
- Ever tried salad on your flatbread? Toss arugula or baby spinach in our Balsamic Vinaigrette, then pile on top of the flatbread just before serving.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/