One of our favorite meals is a basket of piping hot breakfast tacos, piled high with soft scrambled eggs, crispy home-fried potatoes, melty grated cheese, and fresh, zingy salsa. We’ve recreated and amped up this Texan favorite — for our version, the eggs are scrambled in Garlic Gold® Oil, and Southwest Nuggets are sprinkled on top. Try them out and bring a little bit of Texas to your breakfast table!
Southwest Breakfast Tacos with Garlic Scrambled Eggs
Write a review
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil, divided
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 large eggs
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated queso fresco or mozzarella cheese
- Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a medium (10-inch) nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Oil over medium heat. Add the diced potatoes and sauté until golden browned and crisped, tossing often, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Add the remaining Garlic Gold® Oil to the now empty skillet and turn the heat down to medium-low. Pour the eggs into the skillet and stir with a wooden spoon until cooked through and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Use a pair of tongs to warm the tortillas over an open flame until slightly charred and beginning to puff up, or microwave until steamed and soft, about 20 seconds.
- Place two tortillas on each plate, then top with scrambled eggs, grated cheese, potatoes, and tomato and onion mixture. Sprinkle generously with Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets and serve.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/