For the Fish Filets
- 4 – 1 inch thick fish filets, about 6 oz each, such as cod, haddock, trout, or catfish (any firm-fleshed fish)
- Garlic Gold Nuggets® with Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, such as Spectrum Naturals Olive Oil Spray
For the Breading
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 – 5 oz box plain melba toast, broken into 5 inch pieces
Adjust the oven rack to the upper middle position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large cookie sheet with rims with foil and place a wire rack on top. Process the melba toast and the Garlic Gold® Oil in the food processor for about 1 minute until it turns into coarse crumbs.
Spread the crumbs in a pie plate and set aside. In a separate pie plate, whisk together the egg white and mustard. Blot the fish filets dry with paper towels and season both sides of each filet generously with Garlic Gold® with Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper. Working with one piece of seasoned fish at a time, dip first in the egg white mixture, then in the melba crumb mixture. Press on the melba crumb mixture to make sure they adhere well.
Lay the coated fish on top of the wire rack, placed at least one inch apart, and spray the tops with the vegetable oil cooking spray.
Bake until golden and fish flakes apart, about 10- 15 minutes. Remove and serve with lemon wedges, hot sauce such as Tabasco, or eat as is.
To freeze leftovers, lay pieces flat on a cookie sheet or plate until frozen; the next day, put the frozen solid filets in a Ziploc-style bag. To reheat, oven-bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
If you liked this Recipe, you will love these products:
- Garlic Gold® with Sea Salt
- Garlic Gold® Oil