- 2 pounds boneless sirloin
- ½ cup tamari
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- 1 Teaspoon sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 12 cloves fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated, trimmed, and spun dry
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets for garnish
Cut the sirloin across the grain into ¼ inch slices. Combine tamari, Garlic Gold®, maple syrup, and hot pepper sesame oil. Set aside 1/3 cup of the marinate to use as a dipping sauce and for the garlic kabobs; pour remaining mixture over the beef. Marinade for at least 3 hours or overnight.
While the grill/barbecue is heating, thread the cloves of fresh garlic on skewers. Place over sheet of foil and brush marinade over skewered garlic. Wrap tightly in foil, making sure all of the kabobs are flat on the foil so they cook evenly on the grill.
Preheat barbecue or grill to high, or very hot coals. Add the garlic kabobs to the hot grate and grill each side for about 5 minutes. Remove from grill. Grill pieces of marinated beef for about 2 minutes per side, until done to your liking. Remove beef; unwrap the garlic kabobs. Transfer to a platter and serve with lettuce leaves to wrap up meat and garlic, and additional reserved marinade for dipping. Garnish with Garlic Gold® Nuggets. Serves 6.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold®
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets