Stuffed peppers are one of our favorite comfort dishes. Filled with whole-grain brown rice and your ground meat of choice, they’re a perfectly hearty and healthy meal. You’ll love the way our Italian Herb nuggets flavor the filling — no other spices are necessary! Just before serving, top them off with Parmesan Nuggets for a cheesy crunch.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Write a review
- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 pound ground pork or turkey
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium green bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- In a small (2-quart) saucepan over medium heat, bring the rice and water to a boil. Turn down to low and let steam for 40 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed and rice is cooked through. Turn off heat and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, heat the Garlic Gold® Oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots to the skillet and sauté for about five minutes, until onions are softened. Add the ground meat and sauté for another 10 minutes, breaking the meat up with the spatula as it cooks. Turn off the heat, then stir in the Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- When the rice has finished cooking, add it to the skillet with the seasoned vegetables and meat, and stir to combine.
- Scoop the skillet mixture into the halved peppers, and place them in the lined baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, until the peppers are soft and tender. Serve hot, topped with Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets if desired.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/