These cute little knotted bread rolls are full of roasted garlic flavor! They’re also incredibly easy and quick to make — we use store-bought pizza dough so they come together in a flash. We brush the rolls with Garlic Gold® Oil, and then they’re sprinkled with our Italian Nuggets for a crunchy and flavorful coating. Take them to a 4th of July party or other summer get-together and watch them disappear off the buffet!
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
Italian Garlic Knots
Write a review
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Italian Nuggets
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the pizza dough on a well-floured surface. Roll it out into a rectangle, 15 inches long by 5 inches wide.
- Cut the dough cross-wise into 1-inch thick strips. Cut each strip in half, dip the cut ends in flour, then tie into a knot and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the baking sheet in a warm spot for 20 minutes while the oven preheats, allowing the knots to rise slightly and come up to room temperature.
- Pour the Garlic Gold Oil® into a small bowl. Use a pastry brush to brush about two tablespoons of the oil over the garlic knots. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Remove the knots from the oven. When they have cooled just enough to handle, dip them in the remaining Garlic Gold® Oil and place on a cooling rack. Sprinkle liberally with Garlic Gold® Italian Nuggets and let sit for a few minutes to allow the seasoning to adhere.
- Serve the garlic knots on their own, or with your favorite marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
- For a cheesy variation, substitute our Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets for the Italian Nuggets.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/