- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1-15 ounce can pinto, kidney or black beans
- 1/4 cup minced onion (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated fresco cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper and / or hot sauce to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Nuggets
Drain beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid. Rinse the beans well with cold water in colander. Coarsely smash the beans with a fork, potato masher, or clean hands.
Heat the Garlic Gold® Oil in the skillet on medium heat. Add the onion, if using, and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onion begins to brown.
Stir the beans and reserved liquid in to the onion mixture. Cook for 10 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt, peppers, and/or hot sauce. Serve garnished with grated cheese and Garlic Gold® Nuggets sprinkled on top for crunch.
If you liked this recipe, you will love these products:
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- Garlic Gold® Oil