Using lean cuts of meat with vegetables, this fabulously flavorful summer dish with lean beef is a far cry from the traditional meat and potatoes. Fire up the grill and enjoy!
For The Steak:
- ½ cup Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 pound lean flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat
For the Salsa:
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets with Sea Salt, to taste
- Additional Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette, for serving at the table
In a large mixing bowl, combine the steak with the Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette. Marinate by covering and refrigerating the bowl for 3 to 12 hours.
Take a knife and cut the corn kernels off the cob and place in a bowl. Add remaining salsa ingredients and chill to blend flavors at least 3 hours.
Place marinated steak on a preheated grill or in a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Brown well on both sides, then reduce theheat to low and cook 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat measures 125 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
Transfer the grilled steak to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and serve with the salsa and additional Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette drizzled on top.