Deviled eggs are a no-brainer appetizer for your Easter gathering. They’re easy to make, easy to eat, and traditional as all get-out! This year, why not amp up the flavor and make Garlic Gold® Deviled Eggs for a change? We double up on roasted garlic flavor by adding a touch of Garlic Gold® oil to the egg yolk mixture and then topping them off with a pinch of crunchy, toasty Garlic Gold® Nuggets.
Before you start, read our tips for making the best hard boiled eggs:
- We’ve found that super-fresh eggs are actually harder to peel — the shell tends to stick to the egg white. Buy your eggs a week or so before you plan to hard boil them for easier peeling.
- Start by gently placing your eggs in the pot, *then* filling it with cold water. Set it on the stove, covered, over medium heat. When the water comes to a boil, turn it down to the lowest simmer and let the eggs cook for 12 minutes.
- To speed up the cooling process and avoid overcooking your egg yolks, plunge the just-boiled eggs into an ice water bath and let cool for 15-20 minutes before peeling.
- Rinse and wipe your knife clean before you slice each egg in half. The cleaner the knife, the more likely you’ll slice cleanly through the egg!
Garlic Gold® Deviled Eggs
Write a review
- 1 dozen jumbo eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and halved
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets (Original flavor)
- Gently pop the egg yolk halves out of the whites and into a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork to mash the egg yolks, making sure there are no large pieces. For an even finer mixture, you can mash the cooked yolks through a mesh strainer or sieve.
- Add the mayonnaise and Garlic Gold® Oil to the egg yolks and stir to combine into a creamy paste.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a decorative tip and pipe into the egg white halves. Or, for a more homey presentation, simply use a teaspoon to place dollops of egg yolk into the egg white halves.
- Grab a pinch of Garlic Gold® Nuggets between your fingers and place just in the center of the egg yolks. Plate and serve, or refrigerate, covered, before serving. For best results, make these the day you're planning to serve them.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/