Comforting Italian food is on the menu for fall. Stir up this creamy, dreamy risotto with Garlic Gold Oil and just-in-season Chanterelle mushrooms. A touch of vermouth complements the mushrooms’ earthy aroma, and Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets add a pop of flavor to the finished dish.
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold
4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
3 tablespoons Garlic Gold Oil
2 large shallots, diced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms
1 cup violone nano, arborio, or other short-grain rice
1/4 cup dry vermouth
2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets
1. Heat the chicken broth in a small (1 1/2-quart), covered saucepan over low heat.
2. Heat the Garlic Gold Oil in a medium (10-inch), high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and salt, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened and translucent but not browned.
3. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute for another 5 minutes or so, until mushrooms have given up liquid and shrunken, and the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add the rice to the skillet and stir for 3 minutes, until rice is opaque but not browned.
5. Ladle a 1/2 cup of the chicken broth into the skillet, and stir into the other ingredients until absorbed. Continue adding broth by the 1/2 cup, stirring often, until all of the broth has been added and the rice is cooked through, with a creamy consistency. Sprinkle with Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets and serve immediately.