- 4 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 ounces crimini or white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Pour 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and tamari, and cook until brown, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the water and bulgur wheat. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce to simmer and cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the bulgur is tender, about 15 minutes.
Let stand off heat for about 5 minutes. Using a fork, stir in the parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and shake Garlic Gold® Nuggets over the top for taste, texture and color.
If you liked this Recipe, you will love these products:
- Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- Garlic Gold® Oil