I promise that if you make these stuffed mushrooms, you will flip for them. They are creamy in the middle and decadently crunchy on top, well-flavored with savory shards of Parmesan, garlic and Italian herbs.
This recipe includes a couple handy shortcuts — as long as you’re using wholesome foods, I think it is more than okay to simplify your cooking once in a while! My first convenience-minded move was to pulverize a slice of whole wheat sourdough bread for instant breadcrumbs. Secondly, I used Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets. When you add a tablespoon of them to these stuffed mushrooms, they add so much flavor that no other spices are required!
Make batches of these to serve as appetizers at your holiday parties, or eat a bunch of them for dinner with a salad on the side.
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold
- 12 large (2-inch diameter) crimini mushrooms
- olive oil for spraying
- 1 (2-ounce) slice whole wheat sourdough bread
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1/4 C. (1 ounce) shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove the stems from the mushroom caps, but do not discard the stems.
- Brush or spray the mushroom caps with Garlic Gold® Oil and place on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Slice off and discard the bottom ends of the mushroom stems.
- Coarsely chop the slice of sourdough bread, then use a mini food processor or blender to pulse it until it becomes coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chopped mushroom stems, sourdough breadcrumbs, Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets, Garlic Gold® Oil, and parmesan cheese. Stuff the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for 30 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with chives.