Southwest Turkey Chili
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried epazote (can substitute oregano)
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 1/4 cups (8 ounces) dried pinto beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 (24-ounce) box strained tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- grated mozzarella cheese
- cilantro leaves
- Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets
- blue corn tortilla chips
- Heat three tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Oil in a medium (5-quart) dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapenos, and salt, and saute for ten minutes, or until onions are softened and just beginning to brown. Add the chili powder, cumin, and epazote, stir, and saute for another two minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, heat the remaining tablespoon of Garlic Gold® Oil in a medium (10-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the ground turkey. Breaking up the ground turkey with a spatula, saute for ten minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the sauteed ground turkey to the dutch oven with the onions and jalapenos. Next, add the beans, tomatoes, and chicken broth. When the mixture begins to boil, turn down to low and let simmer for 3 hours, until beans are tender.
- Ladle the chili into serving bowls, and top with grated cheese, cilantro, and Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/