We just love the recipes from our friends at The Naked Kitchen. Sarah and Kristy always have bottles of our Garlic Gold Oil in their kitchen, and you’ll want to too after you try their Quinoa Pizza Bake! It’s a cheesy, tomato-y affair that’ll please kids and grown-ups alike.
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold
- 3 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (I used a 50/50 mixture of black and white quinoa but any variety will do)
- 14 ounces no salt added tomato paste
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- heaping 1/2 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs *see notes
- 2 tbsp Garlic Gold Oil or olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese + additional for topping, optional (I used Daiya Mozzarella Shreds)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the tomato paste, garlic, onions, breadcrumbs and oil. Mix well.
- Add in the cooked quinoa and cheese, if using, and stir well until throughly mixed. Do a taste test and if necessary add a pinch of sea salt.
- Divide the mixture evenly between four 16 ounce ramekins or 1 large casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cheese is golden brown or until the quinoa on top is golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Makes 4 main dish servings or 6-8 servings as a side dish.
If you don’t have any Homemade Breadcrumbs on hand you can substitute with the following:
- 1/4 cup store bought plain unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/16 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/16 tsp onion powder
- 1/16 tsp garlic powder
Leftover quinoa bake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of The Naked Kitchen