Here’s another great picnic side dish for your summer menu — we’re definitely serving these perfectly portioned pieces of corn on the cob! They take just ten minutes to prepare, once your pot of boiling water is ready to go.
We’ve taken a cue from Mexican street vendors, who serve cobs of corn spread with mayonnaise and sprinkled with chili powder and lime juice. Our version is lighter and healthier, with nonfat Greek yogurt taking the place of half of the mayonnaise, and grated lime zest adding even more flavor. Finally, we sprinkle each piece generously with Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets, which pop and crunch with every bite. Delicious!
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 8 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (regular or lowfat)
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- zest and juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets
- Fill a large (8-quart) stock pot halfway with water and set on the stovetop to boil over high heat.
- Shuck the corn, then cut or break each cob into thirds.
- In a shallow boil, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, and lime zest and juice. Set aside.
- When the water has come to a boil, add the sea salt and corn to the stock pot. Boil for five minutes, just until the corn is cooked through, then use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the corn to a plate.
- When the corn has cooled just enough to handle with your fingers, roll each piece in the mayonnaise/yogurt mixture, then sprinkle liberally with Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets. Place on a serving platter and serve warm.
- You can also serve this as a delicious corn salad — just remove the kernels from the corn after boiling, then mix with the yogurt/mayonnaise mixture and top with the nuggets just before serving. Add chopped bell peppers and sliced green onions for extra flair!
- For roasted, off-the-grill flavor, just grill your corn instead of boiling it, then continue with the recipe as written. You can even brush it with Garlic Gold® Oil before grilling for more roasted garlic flavor.