Thick, creamy pumpkin soup. Another fantastic sick-day meal.
You’ll notice that this recipe is very similar to my Creamy Potato & Broccoli Soup. Why? Because I finally nailed the method for making a perfect cream soup, without the cream, that’s why!
-Julie Grice of SavvyEat
- 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 4 c vegetable stock
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 lb pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette (for topping)
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over low heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Add the stock 1/2 cup at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. Stir continually for five minutes to allow the stock to thicken.
- Add the pumpkin and garlic, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 25-40 minutes, until the pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Using an immersion blender, cream the soup until completely smooth. Stir in the milk and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top each bowl with 1-2 tablespoons of Garlic Gold® new Red Wine Vinaigrette