We just love dinners that cook themselves, don’t you? This baked couscous chicken is the easiest one-dish meal imaginable. Just layer the ingredients in a baking dish, leave it in the oven for an hour, and you’ll have a piping hot, healthy and hearty dinner for four.
Israeli Couscous Chicken Bake is just like regular couscous except bigger in size – the little balls of pasta have a satisfyingly chewy texture when cooked, and they’re a nice change from the usual rice in baked chicken recipes. Roasted grape tomatoes add bright bursts of flavor to take this casserole to the next level, and Garlic Gold Oil ties everything together for a savory and delicious dish.
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold
- 1 ½ cups Israeli couscous
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 small chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine the couscous, chicken broth, tomatoes, and sea salt in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Stir to mix the ingredients evenly, then layer the chicken breast halves on top. Drizzle the Garlic Gold® Oil evenly over the dish.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour, until chicken breasts are cooked through and couscous has absorbed all of the cooking liquid. Serve.
- For added flavor, try adding Garlic Gold® Nuggets to the Couscous