Holiday parties or any event with hor d’oeuvres or snacks can really cause you to regret your participation the next day. Not these Baked Falafel. They are baked to a crispy golden brown and taste great. There’s nothing to regret after eating these tasty bites so you can still look yourself in the mirror the next morning and like what you see. -Kristy
- 1 can (15 ounce) no salt added chick peas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or Garlic Gold Oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (for a gluten free falafel use a gluten free flour in place of the whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place all the falafel ingredients except 1 tbsp oil in a food processor and pulse for 10-20 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse again until all the ingredients are well incorporated but still slightly coarse and grainy. You may have to stop several times to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Form the mixture into 16 balls, place them on a baking sheet (I line the sheet with foil for easier clean up). Flatten them down just a little and brush them with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn them over and bake another 20 minutes or until the falafels are crisp and browned.
- Serve immediately with Yogurt Dip or Tzatziki Sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Naked Kitchen.