Topped with crispy, pan-fried sage leaves and served with toast, these eggs are a quick but luxurious breakfast.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
Garlic Fried Eggs with Sage and Sea Salt
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 10 sage leaves, washed and dried
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- toast, for serving
- Heat the Garlic Gold® Oil in a medium (10-inch) non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and fry for about two minutes, turning once. When the leaves are no longer bubbling and sputtering, and have begun to curl up around the sides, remove to a towel-lined plate and sprinkle with sea salt. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into the pan with the oil. When the whites begin to bubble up, squeeze the lemon juice over them and cover the pan.
- Let cook for about one minute, until the whites are cooked through but the yolks are still liquid inside. If you prefer a hard-cooked yolk, turn the heat down to medium-low and let the eggs cook for a minute or two longer.
- Use a slotted spatula to transfer the eggs to serving plates. Garnish with fried sage leaves and serve with toast.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/