- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces dry linguini pasta
- 1 small (3.7 ounce) jar Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon superfine granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets
- zest of half of one lemon, grated with a microplane grater
- 3 large sprigs flatleaf parsley, cut into thin ribbons
1. In a medium (2.5-quart) saucepan, bring two quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and pasta, stirring once to prevent sticking. Bring back up to a boil, then turn down to medium. Let boil for 9 minutes, or until the pasta is just short of al dente.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil from the jar of Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil) in a medium (10-inch) non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Sprinkle the shrimp on both sides with the sugar — this will help it caramelize and turn a beautiful golden brown. When the oil is hot, place the shrimp in the skillet and cook for two and a half minutes on the first side. Turn the shrimp over, and cook for another minute and a half on the other side, until pink and just cooked through.
4. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the shrimp. Add the reserved nuggets from the jar of Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil) and toss to combine.
5. Dish the pasta and shrimp out onto serving plates. Garnish each plate with Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets, lemon zest, and ribbons of parsley.