Two ingredients are all you need to make one of our favorite vegetable side dishes! Beets are simply steamed, then marinated in our Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette. They last in the refrigerator for a few days, getting more flavorful as they sit in the marinade. You can use them in lots of ways, and here are a few of our favorites:
- Tossed into a green salad
- On a bed of arugula, topped with tahini and Sea Salt Nuggets
- As a snack, in a pretty serving bowl with toothpicks alongside
- Sliced thinly and layered onto your favorite sandwich
- As a unique pizza topping — it’s the new vegan pepperoni!
We hope you like them as much as we do!
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 5 medium-large beets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 bottle Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Fill a steamer pot with about 3 inches of water. Place the beets in the steamer basket, cover the pot, and place over high heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, turn the heat down to medium-low and let the beets steamuntil tender enough to pierce with a paring knife all the way to the middle, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove the steamer basket from the heat, and allow the beets to cool until comfortable enough to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Use your fingers to peel the skin off of the beets — it should come off very easily. Discard the skin.
- Cut the beets into bite-size pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Pour in the Garlic Gold® Vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Refrigerate and allow to marinate at least 2 hours or up to overnight before serving.