With smaller families these days, many are entertaining smaller groups for the holidays. Aromatic and flavorful, these turkey cutlets are just the ticket when you don’t need to feed a crowd.
Turkey Cutlets in a Roasted Garlic Sauce with Fresh Sage and Lemon
Write a review
- Sea salt for brining
- 4 - 4 ounce turkey cutlets, pounded to ½ inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Garlic Gold®(Nuggets in Oil)
- 1/3 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Teaspoon zest from 1 fresh lemon
- Additional Garlic Gold® Nuggets with Sea Salt for garnish, to taste
- Dissolve ¼ cup salt in 2 cups of cold water for brining. Stir well. Add turkey cutlets and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to brine, up to overnight.
- Drain brined cutlets and blot well with paper towels to dry. Spread flour into a large plate. Heat the Garlic Gold® Oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet such as cast iron on medium for several minutes until aromatic. Dredge each turkey cutlet in flour on both sides, shaking to remove excess, and pan-fry on both sides until light, golden, and cooked throughout, about 3 minutes each side. Remove and put cutlets on platter. Do not clean pan.
- Using the same skillet, add Garlic Gold® (Nuggets in Oil), sage, and chopped shallot, and cook on medium heat for about one minute to warm. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and zest.
- Lay cooked turkey cutlets on platter so one is slightly on top of the other and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with Additional Garlic Gold® Nuggets with Sea Salt to taste before serving.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/