- 1 large loaf crusty French bread (not a baguette)
- 1 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1 pound thinly sliced cured ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced mortadella or other lunch meat
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups romaine or butter lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata or other black olives
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette
With a bread knife, cut lengthwise along the French bread, splitting it open without slicing it all the way through. Evenly layer ham on bottom half and top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle the tomato slices evenly with Garlic Gold® Nuggets. Then layer the salami, followed by mortadella (or other lunch meat), evenly on bread. Top with red onion slices, then olives, then lettuce as the final layer. Drizzle sandwich with Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette. To serve, cut into sections.
To prepare for later to take to a picnic, etc.:
Eliminate lettuce and tomatoes from sandwich preparation, putting them separately in plastic ziplock style bags. Wrap entire sandwich up in plastic wrap to be sliced on site, or wrap up individual sandwiches in plastic wrap. Add lettuce and tomatoes just before serving.