We’ve adapted one of our favorite recipes from The Naked Kitchen with Garlic Gold Oil. It’s a hearty yet healthy twist on an old favorite, perfect for dinner on chilly Fall and Winter nights!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or thighs or a combination of both (1 pound total)
- 2 cups Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 slices whole grain bread of your choice
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Oil
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt-free poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice the bread into 1/2″ cubes, then spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and turn up the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Heat the Garlic Gold Oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over a medium flame. Add the celery and onion and saute until the onion is clear, about 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and chicken broth, stirring to combine. Bring up to a boil, then turn heat down to low and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and fold in the bread cubes.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a 2 1/2 quart (or similar sized) baking dish, then sprinkle the cheese in an even layer over the chicken. Pour the soup evenly over the cheese layer, then spoon the stuffing over the soup layer and spread evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, removing the foil for the last 20 minutes of cooking.