Looking for a fast and easy appetizer, just right for Halloween? We’ve got just the one! Deviled Eggs are absolutely addictive when flavored with hot sauce and Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets. Sprigs of parsley stand in for pumpkin stems, so they’re as cute as they are delicious.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
Write a review
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (regular or low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets crushed in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder
- 2 tablespoons Mexican hot sauce (we like Cholula brand)
- 24 parsley leaves, to garnish
- In a 3 to 5-quart saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
- Gently lower the eggs into the water. When the water returns to a boil, turn the heat down to low and let eggs simmer for 13 minutes. While the eggs are cooking, prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Transfer the eggs to the ice water and let cool until thoroughly chilled, about 15 minutes. Tap the eggs all over with a a spoon to loosen the shells, then peel carefully, starting at the large end of each egg.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and place the yolks in a small mixing bowl. Set the egg white halves aside.
- With a fork, mash the egg yolks until no lumps remain. Add the mayonnaise, crushed Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets, and hot sauce, mixing to combine thoroughly.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a decorative piping tip. Pipe the mixture into the egg white halves and garnish each with a parsley leaf.
Garlic Gold - Organic Garlic https://garlicgold.com/