A few tips about this recipe:
- Do not forget to grease the aluminum foil before you place the kabobs on there. Unless you want to end up with ripped foil, vinaigrette dripping onto the burners and pieces of aluminum embedded in your steak and squash.
- You can add some chopped onions to the kabobs. It would be delicious.
- Serve the kabobs with rice or millet and fresh basil. And then add some more fresh basil. Not that I like basil or anything. Nope, not at all.
- 1 pound kabob steak (may also be called steak tips or sirloin tips or the like)
- 1/2 cup Garlic Gold® red wine vinaigrette
- 2 medium summer squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
In a small mixing bowl, cover the steak with the vinaigrette. Toss, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Wash the squash and chop into bite-sized pieces.
Preheat the grill to medium. Cover with aluminum foil and brush the foil with olive oil.
While the grill heats up, thread the steak and squash on metal skewers, alternating meat and vegetables.
Grill the kabobs for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until the outside is seared and the meat is cooked through. Serve over rice or millet with fresh basil and a little sea salt.
Recipe courtesy of Savvy Eats