- 1 lb. homemade sweet sausage (I chose a chef-inspired house blend that included pork sausage and figs), casings removed and crumbled
- 1 c. fresh packed basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. Garlic Gold® Garlic Nuggets
- 3 Tbl. Garlic Gold® Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets
- 4 pheasant eggs (or similar, small egg like quail)
- 1 c. fresh ricotta (in NYC, there’s nowhere else to go but DiPalo’s in NYC’s Little Italy)
- 1 lb. homemade Pappardelle pasta
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. fresh grated Romano or Parmesan
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
Add a pinch of salt to water in a 6 quart stock pot and bring to boil. In a 12” skillet, heat Garlic Gold® olive oil over medium high heat. Add Garlic Gold® nuggets and stir for 30 seconds. Add sausage and cook through, add basil and 1 Tbl. Garlic Gold® Parmesan Cheese Nuggets. Meanwhile, add fresh pasta to boiling water (if it’s fresh, it shouldn’t need to cook for more than 5 minutes). Reduce heat and cover.
Drain pasta by removing from pot with tongs or slotted spoon. Keep the boil. Drain in a colander and add to sausage ragu. Cover. Poach the eggs in the boiling pasta water. You can do this in an egg poacher or gently crack the eggs so they “float” on the water. Poach for 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
To serve, mound pasta on a flat plate or shallow bowl. Top with 1/4 c. of fresh ricotta and top with poached egg. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper and top with grated cheese.