For this dish, I used Garlic Gold®’s new Herbs de Provence nuggets. Serve this entree with crusty bread or a side of rice.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 whole chicken (3 pounds), skin-on and broken down into 5 or 6 pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Gold® Herbs de Provence nuggets (or 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence), plus more for sprinkling
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Warm the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook, stirring often, for 3-5 minutes, until the onions begin to soften and brown. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes to caramelize the peppers and onions.
Remove the peppers and onions from the Dutch oven and season bring the heat back to medium. Add the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until the skin is browned.
Return the peppers and onions to the Dutch oven along with the stock and Garlic Gold® nuggets (or 2 cloves minced garlic and 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence). Cover and bake at 350F for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 170F.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Savvy Eats