from Raychel Santo
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Gold Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Gold Nuggets
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes or until done
- 1 1/2 cups favorite pasta sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Garlic Gold Italian Herb Nuggets and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 servings dry whole grain pasta, prepared, or toasted whole grain bread
Sauté the onion in Garlic Gold Oil until brown (about 5 minutes).
Add the Garlic Gold Nuggets, tomato sauce and paste, lentils, and maple syrup to the onion.
Stir over medium heat until everything is heated through.
Add Garlic Gold Italian Herb Nuggets and pepper to taste, then pour over pasta or toasted bread.