- 1 ½ pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into one inch cubes (trim all visible fat)
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh oregano, or one teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cup Garlic Gold® Balsamic or Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 6 pita breads (OK to substitute naan)
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets, for garnish
- Additional Garlic Gold® Balsamic or Garlic Gold® Red Wine Vinaigrette, for dipping
Combine the Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette with the oregano and bay leaf; pour over cubes of lamb in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Allow to marinate at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours.
Preheat grill to high. Remove lamb from marinade and thread on skewers, alternating lamb cubes with slices of onion. Remove bay leaf from marinade. Brush the grate with one Tablespoon of the Garlic Gold® Oil and arrange the kebabs on the hot grate. Grill for about 5 minutes a side, or until done to your liking, brushing them frequently with the marinade mixture while grilling. Sprinkle the grilled lamb kebobs with additional Garlic Gold® Nuggets with Sea Salt to taste.
Transfer the kebobs to a heatproof platter. Brush the pita breads with the remaining 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil, and grill about a minute on each side (or until you see grill marks on the bread). Remove the bread and, using cooking shears or serrated knife, cut the grilled breads in half.
Serve the grilled lamb kebobs with the grilled bread – we recommend stuffing the bread with the lamb and onion mixture. Use additional Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette for dipping.