Even if you’re hurrying to make your family a wholesome weeknight dinner, there’s no need to skimp on healthy ingredients! Our sausage ragout cooks up in about a half hour, and is delicious over pasta or polenta.
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold
- ¼ cup Garlic Gold Oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced into 1/4” half moons
- 3 medium poblano peppers, seeded, and cut into bite-size” pieces
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, cut into 1/8” slices
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced into 1/4” half moons
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 4-ounce garlic chicken sausages (fully cooked), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 15-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ¼ C. coarsely chopped fresh basil
1.Heat the Garlic Gold Oil in a medium (5-quart) dutch oven or heavy-bottomed soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers, and sauté for about 10 minutes, until onions are softened and translucent but not browned.
2.Add the mushrooms, zucchini, sea salt, and chili flakes. Stir and sauté for another 10 minutes, until mushrooms and zucchini have wilted.
3.Add the sausage, tomatoes, and water. Stir and let come up to a simmer.
4.Turn heat down to low and let simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve over Garlic Gold Rosemary Polenta or your favorite pasta.