- 12 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- teaspoon Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Oil 1 small bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into one inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari (optional)
Preheat oven to broil. Adjust oven rack to lowest position in the oven. Whisk eggs together with heavy cream, Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets, and freshly ground pepper. Stir in cheese. Set aside.
Heat Garlic Gold® Oil in a large cast-iron type skillet on medium; add asparagus pieces and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add tamari, if using, and stir-fry an additional minute until all the tamari has evaporated.
Immediately add egg mixture to skillet, pouring over asparagus pieces to distribute evenly. Cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat with lid on. Remove lid and transfer to oven. Broil Frittata an additional 3-4 minutes until eggs are almost set. Remove and cover with lid. Allow to sit an additional 5 minutes to cook completely through.
Serve in wedges. Provides 4-6 servings.
- This recipe is wonderful, cheap and so easy to make. The main key to simplifying this recipe is not to have to measure once you have made it a few times. Any vegetable will work instead of the asparagus; frozen pre-cut broccoli, diced tomatoes, or simply leave out the veggies and eat it with a salad. If you have lots of hungry people, you can even double the recipe, just use a cast-iron type Dutch oven, something big but not glass which could break under the broiler. Then, you have leftovers that are yummy as well!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold® Oil
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets