- (2) – 14 ½ ounce cans chickpeas
- ½ cup Nutiva® Hemp Seeds
- 1/3 cup Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 Tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ A few shakes of hot sauce to taste (optional)
Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Makes about 3 cups.
- To serve as a dip for guests, cover with a thin layer of additional Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil) to prevent drying and discoloration; a few thin lemon slices also make an attractive garnish.
- Put this into small Tupperware-type containers and freeze; take out for an instant lunch spread for sandwiches or dip for veggies.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve with orange baby carrots for a Halloween party snack that won’t bust you out of your costume.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold® (nuggets in oil)
- Nutiva® Hemp Seeds