By Joanne Maggi
- 4 plain 8 inch flour tortillas
- 4 ounces shredded or thinly sliced cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- Thinly sliced brie with 4 ounces flaked crabmeat
- Monterey Jack cheese with sliced pickled jalapenos
- Old Amsterdam or thinly sliced Swiss cheese with sliced mild onions, such as Vidalia, or chopped green onion
- Queso Fresco cheese, crumbled, with 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Aged cheddar cheese and caramelized onions
- Mozzarella cheese and crumbled bacon bits
Heat a 10 inch skillet, preferably cast iron, on medium for about 2 minutes. Add one Tablespoon of the Garlic Gold® Oil. Place one tortilla in pan; sprinkle cheese, Garlic Gold® Nuggets, etc. all over it like you were making pizza. Place the other tortilla on top and pat it down with the bottom side of a spatula. Fry side one until it is golden and crispy, about another 2 minutes. Flip the entire quesadilla over with a large spatula and brown the other side for about 2 more minutes, until golden and crispy. Add another Tablespoon Garlic Gold® Oil to the pan and make another one in the same manner.
Transfer quesadillas to cutting board and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Cut in wedges like pizza and serve.
Serves 4 as an appetizer; quite yummy by themselves, but if you want to embellish.
Our Favorite Dips for Quesadillas:
- 4 Tablespoons of Garlic Gold®, 1 teaspoon. hot pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice, pinch of sea salt
- 2 large avocados, halved and smashed with fork, mixed with 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold® and a pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup your favorite marinara sauce, simmered on low for 10 minutes with with 1 tablespoon Garlic Gold® with 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil added at end ( herbs optional)
- 1 large avocado, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or sour cream, and 2 tablespoons your favorite hot sauce or salsa
- ¼ cup your favorite barbecue sauce simmered on low for 10 minutes with 1 tablespoon Garlic Gold®