This recipe is a family favorite. It’s great for you too! Avocados have a great source of the good fat (monounsaturated) and 605 more potassium than bananas. They are rich in vitamin B as well as E and K.
Here’s a great site to learn more about the wonderful avocado – The California Avocado Commission.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1.5 T. Rinaldo’s Organic Garlic Gold®
- 1 T. Rinaldo’s Organic Garlic Gold® Nuggets
- 3 T. Fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- Dash of Red Chili Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Garlic Salt (optional)
- Beanitos® (http://www.beanitos.com) Black Bean Chips (Chipotle BBQ) or Pinto Bean & Flax Chips (Cheddar Cheese)
- Using a knife, cut into Avocados around the center. With a spoon, scoop out pit. Then scoop out avocado and place into a bowl.
- Dice the Roma tomatoes into small cubes and put into the bowl with the avocado.
- Dice onion into small pieces and put into the bowl with the avocado.
- Add in Lemon juice and Rinaldo’s Organic Garlic Gold® and Rinaldo’s Organic Garlic Gold® Nuggets (Note: If you don’t have access to Garlic Gold® products, use 3-4 diced garlic cloves).
- With a Whisk, mix all ingredients together so that the mixture gels, but is chunky.
- Add in red chili peppers and garlic salt to taste. (optional)
Serve immediately with chips, over an omelette, with crudité, on a salad…the possibilities are endless!
©2011 — Maryann Ridini Spencer