Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets are one of the best time savers in our line-up of delicious, organic garlic condiments. When you use them in any of your favorite Italian dishes, you don’t have to peel garlic or measure any spices! How great is that?
They’re the perfect addition to this week’s recipe, a sheet pan dinner of chicken and artichokes. To make the flavors really sing, we add in bright slices of lemon and briny olives, too. This one-pan meal tastes like something you’d order at a restaurant, but it takes under an hour to make, and most of that time is unattended, while it bakes in the oven. Serve the chicken with a side of steamed rice, pasta, or crusty bread for a complete meal.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces (or about 4 pounds bone-in chicken pieces)
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Italian Herb Nuggets
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 large lemons, cut into thin slices
- 1 jar marinated artichokes, drained
- 1 cup pitted mediterranean olives (any variety you like)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the ingredients together, using your hands or a pair of tongs. Mix until everything is evenly coated with the Italian Herb Nuggets and oil.
- Spread everything out onto the baking sheet, then bake for 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and has a brown, crispy skin.
- Summer Grilling Variation: If you want to make this dish outdoors, you can make it into foil packets for the grill! Just start with boneless, skinless chicken, cut it into 2-inch pieces, and toss it with the rest of the ingredients. Grill the packets over high heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.