- 2 pounds Red Bliss or Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® (Nuggets in Oil)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until a fork goes easily through the largest potato.
While potatoes are boiling, combine vinegar, Garlic Gold® (Nuggets in Oil) and Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets.
Drain cooked potatoes, reserving ½ cup of the liquid. Put potatoes in large bowl and smash with fork to desired consistency. Pour vinegar mixture over hot smashed potatoes. Stir lightly.
Serve warm immediately or, after chilling slightly, garnish with parsley and serve.
- This recipe is easy to make for either one person or a crowd; just get out your calculator and double or triple to feed a crew, or smash one potato with a fork and add Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets and Garlic Gold® (Nuggets in Oil)
- For a lower glycemic version of this recipe, use turnips, carrots, or any other root vegetable instead of the potatoes; if using carrots, cut the cooking time down to 10-15 minutes.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to a week; you can re-create it and have some fun throwing in chopped celery, julienned strips of basil, sprigs of rosemary, or other favorite herb.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these products:
- Garlic Gold® Sea Salt Nuggets
- Garlic Gold® (Nuggets in Oil)