Courtesy of Amanda Stevenson of Vegacious.com
Tonight’s dinner was full of flavor, but oh so light and easy to make! I’ve been filling up on my greens today! Spinach salad for lunch, dinner full of broccoli and asparagus. It’s a GREEN day (and no, I’m not talking about the band). Ok, fine. I’ll give you the recipe!
- Fettucini (or any pasta of your choosing)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 3 c. broccoli florets (fresh is best, but you could also use frozen)
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 c. sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP Garlic Gold® Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring water to boil, and begin to cook fettuccini.
2. When fettuccini is close to done, begin to sauté broccoli and squash in heated pan with olive oil.
3. Once heated, add lemon juice, zest and vinaigrette.
4. When fettuccini is cooked, drain and add to broccoli mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This was the perfect dinner. I roasted some asparagus and mushrooms on the side. Although my plate looks full, I serve my meals on salad plates instead of dinner plates. I also didn’t cook much pasta – 80% of my dish was just veggies! I licked the plate clean! Ok, so maybe I didn’t lick it…or did I?