- ¼ cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (do not include the green fronds)
- 1 pound Yukon Gold or other firm-fleshed potato, scrubbed and cut into ¼” slices
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Gold® Herbs De Provence Nuggets
- ½ medium red onion, finely diced
- Coarse finishing salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat 2 tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the fennel and stir fry until browned and softened, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
Place potato slices in a large pot with the sea salt and water over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil, then remove the lid and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender but still firm. Drain the potatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
Gently place the potato slices in large bowl so as not to smash the slices.
In a small bowl, whisk the remaining Garlic Gold® Oil, champagne vinegar, reserved cooking water, and Garlic Gold® Herbs De Provence Nuggets. Pour dressing over potato slices. Add diced red onion, sautéed fennel and toss gently. Garnish with additional coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Serve.