Between all of the indulgent holiday meals, it’s nice to have some easy, healthy dishes to cook the rest of the time! This colorful, seasonal slaw fits the bill. Shredded yellow beets, red cabbage, and orange carrots are tossed with a tart and creamy dressing (hint, it’s made with our Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette).
This recipe makes a big batch, great for serving a crowd or having leftovers! Serve it with soft-boiled eggs on top for a light lunch, then as a side dish for dinner with pulled pork or another hearty main dish.
- 1/2 cup Garlic Gold® Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pound (3 medium) yellow beets, raw or steamed, shredded
- 1 small (1-pound) cabbage, shredded
- 1 pound (6 medium) carrots, shredded
- 4 large green onions, sliced thinly (reserve a handful for garnish)
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, quartered (optional)
- Whisk or blend the vinaigrette with the mayonnaise and mustard until it forms a creamy dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir until combined.
- If desired, serve the slaw with soft boiled eggs and sliced green onions sprinkled on top.