Summer cooking should be easy, fast, and require minimal time in front of a hot stove. This salmon salad fits the bill — it comes together in about fifteen minutes! Serve some crusty bread alongside, and you’ve got a healthy meal for lunch or dinner.
Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette is the best secret ingredient for summer cooking. Here, we use it as a marinade and a dressing for the salad. It adds a crispy finish to pan-seared salmon, as the balsamic vinegar caramelizes in the pan. We love the pretty grill marks from our stove-top grill pan, but a cast-iron skillet or non-stick pan will work great too.
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat, and drizzle the salmon fillets with a couple tablespoons of Garlic Gold® Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Sear the fillets in the pan for about four minutes, just until the fish releases from the pan, then flip and cook for another four minutes.
- Test the salmon for doneness by cutting into the thickest part of a fillet and making sure it is opaque all the way through. When the fish is cooked through, transfer it to a plate to rest.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, bell pepper, radishes and tomato with the rest of the vinaigrette. Arrange the salad on a platter or on dinner plates, top with the salmon fillets, and serve.