Last week, we gave you our favorite sweet and tangy wing recipe. This week, we’re taking things into spicier territory — these wings aren’t shy on the chili pepper heat! Fresh citrus juices are combined with a generous dose of sriracha sauce, and honey and Garlic Gold® Oil help balance out the spicy kick of this fantastic marinade.
Once the chicken wings come out of the oven, they’re coated with a deliciously crunchy topping of Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets. Finally, a way to make crunchy wings at home without the mess and waste of deep frying!
Spicy Southwest Chili Garlic Wings are sure to please any chili head at your Super Bowl party. Serve them alongside our Honey Mustard Wings and let your guests pick their favorite.
-Coco Harris, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 1/4 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- juice of 1 large lime
- juice of 1 medium orange
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds (6 medium-sized) whole chicken wings, cut into wingettes and drumettes, tips discarded
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the honey, hot sauce, lime and orange juices, and Garlic Gold® Oil. Add the chicken wings, stir to coat evenly, and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking pan with aluminum foil and parchment paper. The aluminum foil will make for easy clean-up, and the parchment will keep the wings from sticking to the pan as the glaze caramelizes during cooking.
- Pour the wings and marinade into the lined baking pan, and spread the wings into an even layer. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring and turning the wings every 25 minutes during cooking.
- Remove wings from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. While still hot, sprinkle generously with Garlic Gold® Southwest Nuggets. Serve warm.
Makes 12 wings.