Pasta Primavera means “Spring Pasta” in Italian, and we’re celebrating the arrival of the season with this delicious dinner! Al dente pasta is tossed with sautéed seafood, broccoli and bell peppers for an easy weeknight meal.
It’s so, so convenient to keep a bag of frozen seafood on hand for dinners like this one. If you can’t find a blend of scallops, calamari, and shrimp, you can just substitute a pound of any seafood you like! Diced chicken breast would also be great.
Enjoy this dinner with white wine, and be sure to bring a shaker of Garlic Gold® Parmesan Nuggets to the table in case anybody wants more of this delicious, crunchy topping.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen seafood blend
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 head (12 ounces) broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Italian Herb Nuggets
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Gold Parmesan Nuggets
- Boil the pasta: In a large pot, bring the water to a boil over high heat. When the water comes to a rolling boil, add the sea salt and pasta to the pot. Bring back up to a boil and cook until the pasta is al dente (read the package instructions to determine proper cooking time). Drain and set aside.
- Sauté the seafood: In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat two tablespoons of the Garlic Gold® Oil over medium-high heat. Add the seafood blend to the skillet and sauté until the shrimp are pink and the scallops and calamari are opaque and cooked through, about five minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Cook the vegetables: Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining two tablespoons Garlic Gold® Oil. Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until softened and translucent, about five minutes. Add the broccoli and red bell pepper, stiring to coat with the onions and oil. Drizzle the lemon juice evenly over the vegetables in the skillet, then cover the pan and let cook, covered, for five minutes.
- Toss everything together: Transfer the cooked vegetables to the large bowl with the seafood, then add in the cooked, drained pasta and Garlic Gold® Italian Herb and Parmesan Nuggets . Use a pasta serving fork to toss everything together until the nuggets are evenly coating all of the pasta, vegetables, and seafood.
- Serve and enjoy!