Egg salad is the perfect dish to make when you’ve got leftover hard boiled eggs from Easter weekend, and it tastes amazing when you replace some of the mayonnaise with our Garlic Gold® Nuggets in Oil! We add celery for crunch, and a big handful of parsley for its springy, herbal flavor. You can also use chives, tarragon, basil, or any other mild, leafy herbs of your choice.
Serve the egg salad like we did, on sprouted wheat bagels with sliced vegetables for a hearty, healthy lunch. Or, go the snacky route and scoop it onto crackers, endive leaves, or celery sticks.
-Coco Morante, Recipe Editor for Garlic Gold®
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold® Nuggets in Oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 rib celery, diced small
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Chop the eggs coarsley.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chopped eggs with the rest of the ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Serve as an open-faced sandwich as shown here, or on crackers or endive leaves as an appetizer or snack. Top the egg salad with Garlic Gold® Nuggets just before serving for added crunch.